Welcome to Kathleen Elementary School!
Enroll now for 2016-2017
Student Registration Hours 8:00 AM-2:00PM
Click here to review what you need to register
*NEW: Bring your social security card to enroll*
Visit our parent link to learn more about our Title I program, Parent Involvement Plan, School Improvement Plan, and School Public Accountability Report.
FREE Title I VPK for students zoned for KES that are age 4 by Sept. 1
Drop off and breakfast 7:30
*At KES every 3rd, 4th & 5th grade student will have a laptop computer in their classroom to use.
K-2 classrooms have one for every three children.
Click here to report your child’s absence.
Watch our video about community and parent involvement this year!
Thank you to our parents and community members KES is the recipient of the Florida Department of Education Family and Community Involvement award!
Summer AMP Academy video
Ms. Tatom’s Principal’s Page Florida Standards Assessment, KES Awards and Honors, & CNN Cougar News Network Morning Show.
- What are the new standards your child will learn at our school?
- Click here to listen to Ms. Tatom talk about the NEW Florida Standards Assessment that has replace FCAT
- Click here to try the new test and see if you answer correctly
Free program available in English, Spanish & Haitian Creole for Polk students & families to help with homework, test preparation, and more…
Kathleen Elementary School is an Educational Research Center for Excellence. This year we have a special partnership with Southeastern University and you will see more teacher interns in our classroom than ever before. We also have interns on our campus from Florida Southern College, we are preparing the next generation of teachers and leaders!
Kim Yurdin Teacher of the Year & Tara Browning Employee of the Year
Reading Achievement is our number one goal!
- Recommended Reading for Students
- Extra homework for reading, math, and science click here to download and print
- Click here for websites your children can use
School Public Accountability Report (SPAR)
The SPAR (School Public Accountability Report) has been released. It is available here on our web site, and in the front office in the PIN. (Parent Involvement Notebook.) The SPAR can be found on FLDOE’s website. Here is a direct link toKathleen Elementary School’s SPAR Report
KES In the News:
- Bay News 9
- District Video about our CCLC program with Mr. Pollock our guidance counselor
- Making a Difference: Thank you to Channel 10 for focusing on the positive aspects of public education. You get more of what you focus on! To watch our story click here
Additional News Links:
- The News Leader: KES College Lunch Club
- College is for Everyone at KES
- Bok Tower: Sow, Grow, Share
- The News Leader: 4th grade classes Build a Garden
- Kathleen awarded the Family and Community Involvement Award for Region 4 in Florida
- Family Fitness Walkathon & Pastries and Portraits with Parents
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Mr. Pollock talks to PRIDE students
- School News in the Ledger October 5, 2013
- Aviation Takes Center Stage at Kathleen Elementary
- Thank you Sun ‘n Fun—Parents click here for a great family event
- Pastries and Portraits with Parents
- Read About our Upcoming Fall Family Events that were in the Ledger!
- International visitors to KES to learn about our Positive Behavior Support program
- Kathleen Elementary Becomes a Gold Level Positive Behavior Support Model School
- Reader’s Theater & Student Success Night
- Science Comes to Life at Kathleen Elementary
- Mayor Gow Fields Reads to Students on Community Read Aloud Day
- Kathleen Elementary Hosts Read Aloud Day to Promote Literacy
- Election 2012:You Can Vote However You Like
- Elementary School Students Decide the Nation’s Next President
- The Inneract Alliance Teaches Students about Red Ribbon Week and Dentist Dr. Berlin Brings the Tooth Fairy
- Kathleen Elementary Using Traditional Assemblies to Foster Relationships and Boost Student Achievement
- KES is one of five Gold star schools for technology & uses student performances to boost student achievement