Welcome to Kathleen Elementary School!
Enroll now for 2016-2017
Student Registration Hours 8:00 AM-2:00PM
Click here to review what you need to register
*NEW: Bring your social security card to enroll*
Watch our video about community and parent involvement this year!
Thank you to our parents and community members KES is the recipient of the Florida Department of Education Family and Community Involvement award!
Summer AMP Academy video
Ms. Tatom’s Principal’s Page Florida Standards Assessment, KES Awards and Honors, & CNN Cougar News Network Morning Show.
- What are the new standards your child will learn at our school?
- Click here to listen to Ms. Tatom talk about the NEW Florida Standards Assessment that has replace FCAT
- Click here to try the new test and see if you answer correctly
Free program available in English, Spanish & Haitian Creole for Polk students & families to help with homework, test preparation, and more…
Kathleen Elementary School is an Educational Research Center for Excellence. This year we have a special partnership with Southeastern University and you will see more teacher interns in our classroom than ever before. We also have interns on our campus from Florida Southern College, we are preparing the next generation of teachers and leaders!
School Public Accountability Report (SPAR)
The SPAR (School Public Accountability Report) has been released. It is available here on our web site, and in the front office in the PIN. (Parent Involvement Notebook.) The SPAR can be found on FLDOE’s website. Here is a direct link toKathleen Elementary School’s SPAR Report
Click on the links below to see KES in the News!:
- Bay News 9
- District Video about our CCLC program with Mr. Pollock our guidance counselor
- Making a Difference: Thank you to Channel 10 for focusing on the positive aspects of public education. You get more of what you focus on! To watch our story click here
The 2017 testing season is upon us. Please see our newsletter for the specific dates of testing. Please review the following test policies:
- Electronic Devices—Students are not permitted to have any electronic devices, including, but not limited to, cell phones, smartphones, and smartwatches, at any time during testing or during breaks (e.g., restroom), even if the devices are turned off or students do not use them. If your student is found with an electronic device, his or her test will be invalidated.
- Testing Rules Acknowledgment—All FSA tests include a Testing Rules Acknowledgment printed in the student’s test and answer book that reads: “I understand the testing rules that were just read to me. If I do not follow these rules, my test score may be invalidated.” Prior to testing, test administrators read the rules to students, and students acknowledge that they understand the testing rules by signing below the statement in their test and answer book.
- Discussing Test Content after Testing—The last portion of the testing rules read to students before they sign below the Testing Rules Acknowledgment states: “Because the content in all statewide assessments is secure, you may not discuss or reveal details about the passages or items after the test. This includes any type of electronic communication, such as texting, emailing, or posting online, for example, on websites like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.” Please make sure your student understands that “discussing” test content includes any kind of electronic communication, such as texting, emailing, or posting to blogs or social media websites. While students may not share information about secure test content after testing, this policy is not intended to prevent students from discussing their testing experiences with their parents/families.
- Working Independently—Students are responsible for doing their own work during the test and for protecting their answers from being seen by others. If students are caught cheating during testing, their tests will be invalidated. In addition, the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) employs Caveon Test Security to analyze student test results to detect unusually similar answer Student tests within a school that are found to have extremely similar answer patterns will be invalidated.
- Leaving Campus—If your student begins a test session and leaves campus before completing it (for lunch, an appointment or illness, etc.), he or she will not be allowed to return to that test session. If your student does not feel well on the day of testing, it may be best for him or her to wait and be tested on a make-up day. Please remember not to schedule appointments on testing days.
- Testing Accommodations—If your student has an Individual Education Plan (IEP), Section 504 plan, or English Language Learner (ELL) plan, please contact the school to discuss the testing accommodations that will be provided for your student.
For information regarding test session lengths for all Spring 2017 FSA assessments, please visit the FSA Portal at www.FSAssessments.org, click on the Students and Families icon, then select Spring 2017 Testing Times.
Additional News Links:
- The News Leader: KES College Lunch Club
- College is for Everyone at KES
- Bok Tower: Sow, Grow, Share
- The News Leader: 4th grade classes Build a Garden
- Kathleen awarded the Family and Community Involvement Award for Region 4 in Florida
- Family Fitness Walkathon & Pastries and Portraits with Parents
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Mr. Pollock talks to PRIDE students
- School News in the Ledger October 5, 2013
- Aviation Takes Center Stage at Kathleen Elementary
- Thank you Sun ‘n Fun—Parents click here for a great family event
- Pastries and Portraits with Parents
- Read About our Upcoming Fall Family Events that were in the Ledger!
- International visitors to KES to learn about our Positive Behavior Support program
- Kathleen Elementary Becomes a Gold Level Positive Behavior Support Model School
- Reader’s Theater & Student Success Night
- Science Comes to Life at Kathleen Elementary
- Mayor Gow Fields Reads to Students on Community Read Aloud Day
- Kathleen Elementary Hosts Read Aloud Day to Promote Literacy
- Election 2012:You Can Vote However You Like
- Elementary School Students Decide the Nation’s Next President
- The Inneract Alliance Teaches Students about Red Ribbon Week and Dentist Dr. Berlin Brings the Tooth Fairy
- Kathleen Elementary Using Traditional Assemblies to Foster Relationships and Boost Student Achievement
- KES is one of five Gold star schools for technology & uses student performances to boost student achievement