Welcome to Kathleen Elementary School!
Our School Vision: Kathleen Elementary will take a collaborative approach with all school community members to ensure every child performs to their full potential. Cougars will act with integrity and push for excellence in teaching and learning!
Congratulations to US!! KES is proud to be one of October and November’s Red Cape Schools being recognized by the district. This initiative recognizes schools with the highest Istation student usage rates for reading/math during the previous month, in their respective areas of Polk County.
Istation software is used in our schools to help boost students’ learning gains, and bring their math and reading skills up to grade level (or higher).
Enroll in May for 2018-2019 School Year
Student Registration Hours 8:00 AM-2:00PM
Click here to review what you need to register
*NEW: Bring your social security card to enroll*
Thank you to our parents and community members KES is the recipient of the Florida Department of Education Family and Community Involvement award!
- What are the new standards your child will learn at our school?
- Click here to try the new test and see if you answer correctly
Free program available in English, Spanish & Haitian Creole for Polk students & families to help with homework, test preparation, and more…
Kathleen Elementary School is an Educational Research Center for Excellence. This year we have a special partnership with Southeastern University and you will see more teacher interns in our classroom than ever before. We also have interns on our campus from Florida Southern College, we are preparing the next generation of teachers and leaders!
School Public Accountability Report (SPAR)
The SPAR (School Public Accountability Report) has been released. It is available here on our web site, and in the front office in the PIN. (Parent Involvement Notebook.) The SPAR can be found on FLDOE’s website. Here is a direct link toKathleen Elementary School’s SPAR Report
Click on the links below to see KES in the News!:
- Bay News 9
- District Video about our CCLC program with Mr. Pollock our guidance counselor
- Making a Difference: Thank you to Channel 10 for focusing on the positive aspects of public education. You get more of what you focus on! To watch our story click here
Additional News Links:
- Bok Tower: Sow, Grow, Share
- The News Leader: 4th grade classes Build a Garden
- Kathleen awarded the Family and Community Involvement Award for Region 4 in Florida
- Family Fitness Walkathon & Pastries and Portraits with Parents
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Mr. Pollock talks to PRIDE students
- Aviation Takes Center Stage at Kathleen Elementary
- Thank you Sun ‘n Fun—Parents click here for a great family event
- Read About our Upcoming Fall Family Events that were in the Ledger!
- International visitors to KES to learn about our Positive Behavior Support program
- Kathleen Elementary Becomes a Gold Level Positive Behavior Support Model School
- Reader’s Theater & Student Success Night
- Science Comes to Life at Kathleen Elementary
- Mayor Gow Fields Reads to Students on Community Read Aloud Day
- Kathleen Elementary Hosts Read Aloud Day to Promote Literacy
- Elementary School Students Decide the Nation’s Next President
- The Inneract Alliance Teaches Students about Red Ribbon Week and Dentist Dr. Berlin Brings the Tooth Fairy
- Kathleen Elementary Using Traditional Assemblies to Foster Relationships and Boost Student Achievement
- KES is one of five Gold star schools for technology & uses student performances to boost student achievement